||July 11, 2020
To view company name. See instructions below
|Employer Job Id:
||Careermine Job Id:
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services , mineral processing underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.A little background
Mineral Resources is not like most other companies. Our entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well, and it has infused itself with the very culture of our business. What is that spirit you may ask? It means that we are focused on the outcome; willing to shift the very earth to achieve our desired goals. We are not constrained to a particular methodology, and are willing accept that there can be many ways to create success.The future
Mineral Resources is on a journey, and this will be accomplished in a myriad of ways. At the heart of it all will be our workforce. We can't accomplish anything without our people. Leaders to set the vision; specialists to design, plan and implement; skilled tradesman to operate our high tech machinery. It takes all of us.About the role
Due to exponential growth, we have a newly created position for experienced Mining Geologists
at our Koolyanobbing project on a 8/6 roster. This role is responsible for overseeing a variety of open pit duties to maximise ore extraction and recovery. What we're after
We're looking for someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and enjoys a challenging yet rewarding work environment. You will be responsible for;
What you'll bring to the team
- The commitment to working safely, promotion of safe working practices and utilisation of MRL's safe work systems
- Developing geological and geotechnical maps for use with grade control, mine operations and drill and blast activities.
- Effectively communicate across mining teams and contractors to ensure optimal mining techniques and outcomes
- Work to maximise high grade ore recoveries whilst minimising dilution
- Collect daily grade and tonnage data, including stockpile tracking and mine to mill reconciliation
- Provide reports, information and updates to stakeholders both internally and externally as required
- Tertiary qualifications Geology
- A demonstrated experience in mining geologist in an active mining environment essential
- Excellent communications skills.
- Competent with Microsoft Office software.
- Competent with 3D modelling software such as Surpac.
- A strong commitment to a zero harm safety culture, for both yourself and your work colleagues.
- Current C class Manual Drivers Licence.
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now! Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply. Advertised:
10 Jul 2020 W. Australia Standard Time Applications close: