3Bridges Community is a not for profit organization providing a variety of programs and services to communities across Sydney. We operate 8 Outside School Hours Care services at Penshurst, Penshurst West, Narwee, Mortdale, Summer Hill, Milperra, Rockdale and Mascot, delivering the highest quality services across Sydney.
Children’s Service Philosophy
We as Educators collaborate with children in our care and the wider community to create VIBRANT programs and opportunities which empower each child to explore, grow and learn through meaningful life experiences, social connections, play and leisure. We believe in OPENNESS, facilitating children’s capacity to be competent, confident, co-contributors and active participants in their own learning. We value and celebrate our indigenous heritage and diverse cultural backgrounds. We COLLABORATE with other professions to include children of varying abilities. We strive to inspire responsibility for the natural environment and sustainability. We are committed to ongoing professional development and endeavour to apply INNOVATIVE approaches, striving toward EXCELLENCE in school age education and care.
Annual salary – Competitive Salary based on experience + attractive Salary packaging benefits.
Coordinator OSHC Summer Hill -
- Permanent, up to 76 hours/ fortnight during school term & Vacation care. Works BASC shifts Mon to Fri 7am to 9am and 2.30pm to 6.00pm (Flexibility with number of BSC shifts per fortnight). Includes 21 hours per fortnight for admin and educational leadership. The role does not include the administration of childcare fees and bookings. Service approved for 90 places at Summer Hill Public School.
- Focus is leadership of the day to day operations and planning of quality programs and best practice for before, after school and vacation care, ensuring compliance with the National Quality Framework, and providing strong team and Educational leadership
To be successful in the Coordinator role, you will need:
- Diploma or Certificate IV Children’s Services, OOSH, or Degree or Diploma Primary Teaching.
- First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis management certification
- Valid working with Children Check clearance
- CHCCHILD401A or CHCPRT001 - Identify and Respond to Children and young people at Risk.
Essential selection criteria:
- Experience in the planning, delivery and evaluation of programs for children aged 5 to12 years within an education and care or recreational setting.
- At least one-year of demonstrated success in leading an OSHC service.
- Capacity and willingness to consent to and fulfil the obligations of a Nominated Supervisor including ensuring children’s health and hygiene, safety and wellbeing, risk management.
- Demonstrated capacity to follow and lead educator implementation of children’s service policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills in the supervision and positive behaviour management of school aged children.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership skills and an ability to direct and develop staff on-the-job.
- Demonstrated ability to source information and advice to meet the needs of children and families.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment within a multiple service context.
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of the Care and Education Services National Regulations 2011, the My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Aged Care in Australia, Children’s Care and Protection legislation and Duty of Care principles.
- Understanding of needs of children with additional support needs and ability to accommodate these needs within the program.
- Demonstrated administrative skills and effective time management.
Applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered.
As an EEO employer we welcome applications from people of NESB and ATSI backgrounds.
Further details regarding the roles, please contact Louise Murray on 1300 327 434.