- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced finance professional with previous banking experience
About the Role
For BOQ to deliver on its purpose, values and strategy, our retail team members must be equipped with the knowledge, skills and support required to perform their role well.
As the Branch Programs Capability Lead, you will design, build, curate, deliver and continually refine the capability initiatives for team members and leaders within the BOQ branch network and contact centre channels.
You will design, build, and embed induction programs, learning paths, conversation models/scripting, performance support tools, project based learning and training/coaching programs that drive customer advocacy and performance across each Retail Network and Contact Centre role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Partner with key stakeholders to scope the capabilities (technical, customer and leadership), learning experiences and supporting tools required for each role to deliver the strategy of the Retail Bank
- Consult with cross-functional SMEs to scope, design and build playbooks, SOPs and minimum expectations for roles and activities in the Branch Network and Contact Centre
- Curate and build an ongoing series of learning experiences which support future, new and existing Owner Managers (Franchisees) to effectively operate and grow their business
- Act as an internal consultant; supporting project teams and shared services to scope, design and deliver fit for purpose training and on the job support tools that successfully embeds new systems, tools and processes
- Create detailed content briefs and storyboards for learning requirements and use these to brief in and/or build content and support tools (including but not limited to conversation scripts, leader-led training, instructor led training, E-Learning (Rise), facilitation guides, user guides, SOPs, playbooks, infographics, Knowledge Library pages)
- Lead the cross functional Retail Capability forum, analysing available data to identify and address large scale capability gaps
- Continually monitor, refine and communicate the learning experiences available to the Branch network to ensure relevance, effectiveness and adoption
- Embed and adapt the BOQ Leadership programs for leadership role within branches and the contact entre
- Identify and escalate opportunities for process improvement and barriers to performance that exist for roles in the network and owner/manager channel
To be considered for this role, you should have the following attributes, skills and/or experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of training needs analysis, methodologies and moments of learning needs with the ability to choose the most effective learning/performance solution
- Demonstrated systems thinking capabilities with the ability to distinguish training needs from other needs (i.e. process improvement)
- A propensity to take action, drive change and respectfully challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated information and communication design skills which enable effective knowledge transfer and understanding
- Well-developed internal consulting and internal communication skills
- Experiencing embedding customer conversation and coaching frameworks
- Experience leading and operationalising change
- Demonstrated understanding of team member and leadership roles, tasks and responsibilities within a retail sales and service, contact centre and/or financial services environments (Essential)
- Experience working within or with a franchised business model (highly regarded)
BOQ is focused on creating prosperity for our customers, people and shareholders through empathy, integrity and making a difference. Working within the Retail Bank, you’ll be working with and supported by a leadership team who are passionate about transforming our customer experience, business performance, and providing opportunities for you to develop your career.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.