Pizzica is looking for a Chef and a Cook for their busy Italian restaurant. Applicants must be experienced in Traditional Italian Cooking and be able to work under pressure.
Below details for each position
CHEF - Duties to be performed:
- Planning and creating menus
- managing kitchen staff
- scheduling the work of cooks, and other kitchen employees;
- Hiring, training, and supervising the kitchen staff;
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all the stages of preparation and presentation;
- cost controlling, keeping within the budget when ordering food stock;
- implementing OHS program
- Ensuring cleaning and maintenance programs of all the kitchen equipment;
- managing and ordering of stock and implementing proper system management;
- maintaining high standards of food and make sure the standards are met at all times
- Liaising with the front of house management to ensure harmony and problem-solving in any issues that may arise.
COOK - The cook has to perform the following duties:
- able to maintain a clean and neat appearance in line with the organization's standards;
- experienced in cookery
- ability to prepare meals in line with the restaurant standards
- ability to prepare meals for special events and additions functions, adjusting the dishes accordingly with the dietary needs of the customers;
- maintain and operate the kitchen in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner. These include cleaning of the kitchen and kitchen supplies and utensils on a regular basis;
- Support the ordering of food and supplies
- being able to care for food supplies and leftovers appropriately
- prepare main, entrees, and desserts
- developing menu suggestions for meal planning
- proceeding with cleaning and defrosting of the refrigerator on a monthly basis
- diligently check on store food and supplies are delivered
For both positions, we required at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
We offer a full-time position for both roles and a salary between $50,000 and $65,000, based on the skills and experience of the candidate.