We are currently seeking a highly professional, self-motivated, Country Manager to lead, manage and develop market strategies for the China mainland territory and adjacent countries as required. The position is responsible for driving Matrak’s sales in China and building the business unit, as well as performing a strategic leadership role within the company.
Responsibilities + Duties:
- Work with management to develop and implement strategic direction for Matrak’s growth in China;
- Prepare strategy reviews, review proposals, and prepare necessary supporting documentation;
- In conjunction with the leadership team, develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans;
- Develop and implement key account strategies for existing and new accounts;
- Collaborate with Marketing to manage sales and marketing activities in China;
- Establish and oversee day-to-day operations of the China team, including recruiting, onboarding, and training high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives;
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time;
- Communicate and work collaboratively with Matrak HQ departments
- University degree in Business Administration/Commerce or Marketing;
- 5+ years of experience in operational or sales management roles;
- Bilingual (Mandarin/Cantonese + English);
- Willing to travel;
- Construction/manufacturing experience preferred;
- Experience with training, developing and motivating people.
For a startup, we offer a competitive salary package and real opportunities for career progression. We offer flexible working arrangements, and encourage people returning to work to apply. In terms of leave and other benefits, we offer Birthday, Cultural + Ceremonial Leave, public holiday substitution and paid parental leave.
We're passionate about creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. Our core values guide our culture, so if you can embrace Courage, Owning It, Honesty, Fun, Equality and Empathy, you'll fit right in.