At Shift Eatery, we’re crazy-passionate about offering a variety of amazing Vegan dishes & coffee for both Vegans and those that are just making the shift. Our menu is full of delicious home made dishes includes all-day breakfast favourites, toasties, bowls, salads, smoothies, juices, specialty coffee and kombucha that will all leave you with no questions about how amazing going Vegan can be.
We are currently looking for a long-term & committed vegan Café Manager that has a passion ; drive to help people go vegan and that can grow with the company moving into the future.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the café and adhere to our strict vegan ethics;
- Roster staff according to meet budget and work requirements.
- Provide amazing customer service, collect payment, operate registers
- Oversee and manage entire operation of the floor, barista and kitchen.
- Be cross-trained in all areas on the café and then train staff members in all positions incl. barista, floor & kitchen.
- Ensure we communicate all changes and updates with customers correctly through social media and our website.
- Nurture a professional, collaborative work environment.
- Recruit, hire and train staff.
- Ensure all systems and procedures are followed so that the café runs smoothly.
- Ensure that workplace hygiene, occupational health and safety are followed.
- Monitoring quality of food and ingredients.
- Liaise with all current suppliers & make new connections.
- Provide ideas and innovation in your department.
- Keep qualifications and other records up to date.
- Perform site inspections and maintain a clean café.
- Understand when it is essential to delegate or outsource tasks.
- Comply with all legal obligations, company policies and practices.
- Be available to work: weekdays & nights, weekends and public holidays
- Have a deep and profound understanding of veganism and what being vegan is about including the difficulties and joys of making the shift.
- Have a positive attitude with strong work ethic and communication skills
- Punctual & exhibit excellent time management skills
- Work well under pressure and also autonomously when needed.
- Must be honest, punctual and transparent.
- Neat and energetic with a can-do, problem-solving attitude.