An exciting new senior leadership role is available for a passionate and experienced professional to work within a highly successful Olympic and Paralympic sport. As a member of the senior leadership team, the role is responsible for providing high quality management to ensure effective and efficient world class development, implementation, monitoring and delivery of performance support services within the daily training and competition environments.
- Promote and assist in the implementation of the key strategic priorities of the High-Performance (HP) program.
- Management of the Performance Support Services team to ensure the effective, efficient and quality delivery of performance support services to athletes and coaches.
- Facilitate and enable performance support staff to provide contemporary evidence-based practices to support National Coaches and contribute to the implementation of practical performance solutions for optimised performance of canoe sprint, slalom and paracanoe athletes.
- Dependant on your practitioner skill set, deliver performance support services to priority athletes in both training and competition environments.
- Development of strong relationships with PA Sprint, Slalom and Paracanoe staff, including SIS/SAS coaches and performance support staff.
- Proactively contribute to the individual performance plan process and facilitate holistic annual and quadrennial periodised plans, targeting critical benchmark events
- Ensure effective monitoring of individual athlete progression against both sport and individual performance criteria to ensure athletes are progressing at world class rates and gather and analyse data to drive evidenced-based decision making.
- Coordinate the medical network and oversee the effective rehabilitation of an athlete’s return to training / competition from injury/illness.
- Coordinate PA staff, contractors and SIS/SAS performance support staff and coaches to educate and develop best practice tools, knowledge, resources for the implementation of performance support services.
- Oversee the continual development of sport specific skills/needs analysis tools and assessment protocols for the selection, development, monitoring and retention of prioritised athletes.
- Partner with and work effectively and collaborative across PA to achieve organisational goals, targets and objectives.
- Manage, supervise and develop staff reporting to this position to complete work in accordance with requirements to achieve quality, accuracy, and time requirements.
- Be an active contributor to the High Performance Senior Leadership Team to assist in achieving the objectives, vision and goals of the high performance program.
- Proactively plan, manage, coordinate, track and run assigned tasks.