Technical Specialist / ISST (QNGR)-TSAR-AUWU02308135
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Technical Specialist/In Service Support Technician (ISST) in Wulkuraka, QLD.
Purpose of the Role:
Technical Specialist / ISST (In Service Support Technician) personnel will be ultimately responsible for fault finding, diagnostics, rectification & post work testing, root cause analysis and continuous improvement of the systems in order to achieve and exceed performance obligations, and shall perform the ISST role based at the Operations Control Centre where calls from Drivers shall be taken, technical advice given, short term plans agreed and work scheduled in Maximo.
In addition; routine preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, on call response, in-service incident support and coordinating vehicle recovery will be important facets to the role in order to reduce in service issues and unscheduled maintenance activities.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the A&M Services representative in the Operations Control Centre, link between BT and the Operator, providing coordination of daily and weekly plans and test runs.
- Perform fault diagnosis and identification on both the electrical and mechanical systems of the vehicle.
- Perform the ISST role on a rotating basis, supporting in service faults with technical advice to support the Driver and to minimise the in service impact of the fault.
- Raise 'Incidents' in Maximo based on first contact from Drivers or on-board systems, ensuring high quality reporting to enable effective repairs.
- Liaise with Mobile Service Technician teams in order to effect the repair with no impact to in service performance.
- Assist in the identification and production of vehicle modification programs to improve reliability and maintainability.
- Monitor fleet performance using on-board diagnostics and remote monitoring systems and provide KPI's as required on critical systems such as HVAC, Toilets, Doors etc.
- Perform vehicle modifications as required.
- Establish, maintain and deliver training material to team members and customers in line with maintenance needs and ensuring continuous improvement.
- Assist as required with the recovery of defective vehicles and the production of incident reports.
- Provide On-Call support as required and defined by the Maintenance Superintendent.
- Participate in the FRB and FRACAS reviews to provide the Technical expertise and fault history.
- Build positive relationships with drivers and the Operator in order to support a successful fleet operation
Update the Maintenance Management System with all work carried out.
It is expected you will have the following qualifications, experience and personal characteristics:
- Relevant Engineering, trade, certificate or tertiary qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in vehicle system specialism, fault finding, testing and commissioning, maintenance, modifications, continuous improvement and reliability growth management.
- Previous experience and understanding of the rail industry and rail vehicles is essential.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Primary Location: AU-QLD-Brisbane
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 31.08.2020, 10:59:49 PM
Unposting Date: 01.10.2020, 1:29:00 PM