Fairfield East NSW
HL -Luxicon Pty Ltd – Preform Systems
We are a company, which specialises in preformed and pre-reinforced systems that have the considerable advantage of reducing critical path times for multi-storey residential and commercial buildings.
We are currently seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineering Technician to join our team and assist the operation and maintenance of machines, manufacturing, mechanical installations, and facilities.
- The position offered is full-time 38 hours per week
- The salary offered is between AUD 60.000 and AUD 70.000 according to skills and experience
- The position offered is in Fairfield East NSW 2165.
The applicant will be able to perform the following duties:
- Identify, analyse, and provide maintenance to equipment or to resolve any technical issues with equipment.
- Cutting, threading, bending, and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines.
- Drilling holes and tapping threads for bolting parts together and assembles parts and sub-assemblies.
- Verifies alignment of, and clearances between, components using measuring instruments.
- Test-assemble articles in workshops and onsite to ensure accuracy of fit.
- Preparing plans and designs for mechanical engineering work in consultation with the Mechanical Engineers supervising the activities.
- Helping in determining the most suitable mechanical equipment.
- Assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems.
- Selecting, estimating, and testing materials.
- Organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plants.
- Ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations, and contract provisions.
The applicant will have the following Qualifications / Skills:
- Requirements analysis.
- Design skills.
- Presenting technical information.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Conceptual skills.
- Quality focus.
- General consulting skills.
- Control engineering.
- Production planning.
- Technical zeal.
- Job knowledge.
- Knowledge of Mathematics on machinery.
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Quality Control Analysis.
- Operation monitoring.
- Critical thinking.
- Complex problem-solving.
- Analytical skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
The applicant will have to have the following Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (Master’s preferred).
- Experience working in the mechanical engineering technician field.
- Superior computer skills, with solid experience in CAD, CAM, and Matlab/LabView programs.