Senior Piggery Stockperson
Location: Nagambie, VIC 3608
Tenure: Full-time Permanent
Comprehensive salary package from $54,000 p.a Plus superannuation
On behalf of our client, Global Skilled Employment Services is looking for a skilled and experienced Senior Piggery Stockperson who can join the production team of a piggery company with multiple farm sites.
Must have strong communication and time management skills, self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- AQF Certificate III (or higher/equivalent) qualification in Agriculture (Pig Production);
- At least 3 years recent relevant experience in a medium to large size commercial piggery
Tasks and duties include:
- Supervise the site and facilities in terms of the required human resources, physical resources, safety requirements, consumables, documentation and measurement devices
- Provide overall maintenance and compliance of the Company Quality Assurance program for the site ensuring that all relevant documentation is kept current;
- Supervise data collection and recording so information is accurate to aid stock and inventory control
- Undertake specific tasks assigned by management to ensure that environmental, quality and safety goals are met
- Implement preventable maintenance programs to reduce planned and unplanned down time
- Supervise trial sheds, collect and record data in accordance with trial protocols
- Selection of breeding stock and/or pigs for sale
- Supervision and participation of daily inspection of livestock, such that the animals are appropriately fed, watered, environmental parameters are fulfilled. The Senior Stockperson (Piggery) in this case would work with and supervise a less experienced Stockperson
- Supervision and participation of daily inspection of livestock, ensuring compromised animals are individually assessed, identified, treated and record in accordance with the Company Herd Health Plan and the industries Model Code of Practice
- Euthanise sick or injured stock in a humane manner and in accordance with the Model Code of Practice for Animal Welfare – Pigs 3rd edition
- Conduct post mortem examinations of deceased stock and report findings
- Supervision and participation in the mating of animals via individually supervised mating or through Artificial Insemination
- Supervision of the birthing process, including the ability to physically conduct unsupervised internal assessments of females during parturition to minimise this incidence of still births
- Participate in company/industry training sessions and workshops as required;
- Perform any other duty as required by the Unit Manager.
Other skills required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced and extensive knowledge in animal husbandry, animal welfare, and pig production;
- Knowledge in MS Excel is an advantage.
Qualified applicants may apply online.