Project Commercial Manager-TGGO-AUBB02342617
Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career Project Commercial Manager in Milton, Brisbane.
Purpose of the Role:
The Project Commercial Manager is responsible to support the Project Core Team in the management of the commercial, contractual and claim aspects of Customer, Consortium/JV partner and supplier Contract(s).
He/She provides the knowledge and tools to follow the contractual obligations and monitors their application in the Project Core Team. The Project Commercial Manager ensures that Bombardier Transportation’s rights resulting from contractual changes are properly captured and exercised. He/She supports and provides guidance to Procurement concerning contractual issues involving Purchase Contracts (e.g. the placement of major Purchase Contracts, supplier non-conformity and variation order requests) and leads the preparation of major claims involving suppliers. He/She is responsible to proactively identify value adding opportunities for both BT and the customer in order to improve the project’s scope, delivery schedule, revenues and margin through effective management of the contract and the implementation of a variation order and change management processes. He or she prepares the strategy for variation orders and claims and co-leads negotiations.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Key focus is on establishing and managing throughout the project lifecycle an obligation management matrix containing all contractual obligations towards and from the customer (and consortium partner). Provide training on the necessary commercial and contractual knowledge and skills to all Project Core Team members enable them performing their scope of work. Make sure that obligation owners are assigned in the Project Core Team and that the Project Core Team is constantly aware of the obligations’ due dates. Ensures that lessons learned & best practices in commercial management are captured and made available for other projects and bids.
- Define and implement, jointly with the Project Manager, the external communication management process for the project ensuring that all communication to and from the customer (and consortium partner) is sent in accordance with the requirements of the contract(s) and BT’s guidelines and directives. Make sure that all project communication and documentation is centrally stored in accordance with BT’s archiving directives and the project communication management process.
- Participate in all Project Core Team, risk and opportunity, change control board and variation order meetings to ensure early identification of commercial risks and opportunities. Take ownership of all commercial and contractual risks and opportunities. Develop mitigation actions to manage commercial risks and develop enhancement actions to deliver opportunities. Ensure – together with the Project Change Manager contractual changes involving the customer, consortium partner, and supplier are properly notified in accordance with the contract and the BT Change Management process (e.g. issuance of notification/ variation order). Lead the management of Claims in accordance with the Claim Management process by devising effecting Claim preparation and negotiation strategies.
- In close co-operation with Contracts & Legal, support and provide guidance to Procurement concerning the placement of all major Purchase Contracts to ensure back-to-back coverage with customer contract is achieved or proper mitigation actions are put in place for any remaining gaps. Support the ongoing commercial management of the Purchase Contracts once placed
Establish and implement, jointly with the Project Manager, the Project Commercial strategy towards the Customer, Consortium Partner/Joint Venture partners and Key Suppliers.
It is expected you will have the following qualifications, experience and personal characteristics:
- Preferably a degree in either Engineering, Law, Quantity Surveying or Business or a combination of these.
- Or a tertiary qualification and commercial / operational experience. Post graduate commercial qualifications are well regarded.
- Typically minimum 6 years of experience in relevant role
- Working experience either in Legal, Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Contracts, Bids or Sales
- Has experience in working in a multicultural environment (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc.)
- Has worked on several projects and/ or bids
Proven track record in commercial management, ideally in similar business areas (e.g. railways, construction, oil & gas, technology, energy)
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Primary Location: AU-QLD-Brisbane
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 30.07.2020, 12:28:48 AM
Unposting Date: 13.09.2020, 11:59:00 PM