Senior Data Engineer Consultant
Melbourne, VIC /Consulting – Consulting (VIC) /PermanentApply for this jobServian is the largest privately-owned Data and Devops
focused consultancy in Australia. We’ve worked hard to make Servian a place where you can grow your career
and have fun
in the process!
Our consultants have a passion for data and solving complex problems. They are curious, ambitious and experts in their fields. We have developed a first-rate team so you will be supported and learn from the best.
This is a great opportunity for Data Engineering Consultants to join a firm that works with:
- Cloud & Technology - Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), HashiCorp
- Data & Analytics - BI/DWH, Big Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Science and Advanced Analytics
- Digital - Full stack Development, UI/UX Design, Mobile Development
- Customer Engagement - Marketing Campaigns, Campaign Analysis, Customer Insights
- Artificial Intelligence - Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Cyber Security - DevSecOps, Penetration Testing, Multi-Cloud Security, Security Posture Analysis
Who are you?
- Curious and eager to learn: you are a curious, ambitious individual who is eager to develop their skills and progress their career at every opportunity in a consulting environment.
- Team player: you thrive as a part of high performing teams and love sharing your knowledge with your peers and clients.
- Proactive: you seize opportunities when you see them. Every day at Servian presents broad opportunities for personal, professional and business growth.
- Passionate: you are excited by tech. Our team constantly innovate and implement new technologies and methodologies for themselves, our vendors and our clients.
What experience are we looking for?
- Data movements are about bringing the right data to the right places. This could be data integration tools (Informatica, Talend, Matillion, NiFi) or data processing frameworks (Spark, Beam, KSQL) using a range of programming languages (Java, Python, Scala).
- Data stores are about finding a home for your data. Ranging from relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server) and warehouse appliances (Teradata, Netezza, Exadata) to data platforms (Cloudera, Databricks, AWS EMR) and cloud-based warehouses (BigQuery, Redshift, Azure SQL DW, Snowflake).
- Data serving is about providing usable data to people and systems. This covers topics such as event and schedule-driven workflows, serialisation formats, data modelling and architecting for performance.
- Data governance - building integrity and trust in data
- Information security - confidentiality, integrity and availability of data
- DevOps - practices and tools which accelerate delivery
- Cloud-native computing - infrastructure as code, serverless computing, and more
- Contemporary data architectures - data lakes, NoSQL stores, data fabrics
Why join Servian?
- Work on a wide range of interesting projects, using a variety of emerging technologies.
- A chance to work alongside a collaborative and passionate like-minded team.
- Consultant-led events including Social clubs, Tech clubs (IoT, Chatbots, etc.), Gaming events, MeetUps, and Cloud vendor Hackathons.
- Proactive career development through structured learning and development, multiple avenues for growth and an innovative reward and recognition structure.
- Alongside the above, we also provide employees with life and salary insurance, progressive parental leave policy, and a sociable workplace that truly values its diversity.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to step up into a leadership position and are excited by the thought of getting your hands dirty with the latest tech-stacks/methodologies, then look no further...APPLY NOW!
Apply for this job