A leading Australian Energy infrastructure company is needing a Mechanical Technician for 6 month contract.
Your new role
A leading Australian Infrastructure company is needing a Mechanical Technician for a 6 month contract to ensure the safe and efficient operation, maintenance, reliability and improvement of plant and transmission pipeline systems under management by the company to meet customer requirements. This role will be FIFO 2:2 roster from Perth to Newman.
This includes undertaking surveillance activities, operating, monitoring and maintaining plant/pipeline systems and supporting infrastructure, undertaking complex scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance activities to plant, pipeline systems and supporting infrastructure, troubleshooting plant problems and providing technical advice and support to the planning and installation of new plant to the system.
- Plan, organise and implement scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on pipeline systems, compressor stations, meter stations, pressure reduction facilities, scraper stations and laterals and associated plant in accordance with procedures to meet KPIs and contractual obligations;
- Undertake technical analysis and evaluations on plant performance diagnosing solutions to reoccurring problems, recommending modifications and continuous improvements in plant performance to avoid plant failure/ downtime, meeting customer requirements and reliability goals;
- Undertake pipeline surveillance activities of transmission pipelines as per maintenance procedures and contractual requirements;
- Organise and implement routine testing of Cathodic Protection levels on transmission pipelines in accordance with requirements
- Provide reliable data, plant histories and reports for analysis and review, providing accurate and effective documentation for the companies programmed, preventative and corrective maintenance programs
- Develop and maintain effective, supportive and reliable communication and professional working relationships with field and office based colleagues
- Manage the on-site Permit to Work System in accordance with company procedures
- Coach and mentor colleagues when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Mechanical trade or equivalent experience in transmission gas pipelines is mandatory
- Knowledge of pressures, flows and distribution cause and effect and basic instrumentation an advantage
- Ability to competently use relevant computer applications to analyse data and records
- Proven experience in gas or petrochemical related industry involving the technical operation and maintenance of rotating plant (turbines and compressors) or Naval Engineering desirable
- Diploma in engineering or dual trade (mechanical/electrical/instrumentation) or equivalent experience preferred.
- Certificate III in Gas Industry Supply Operations or Process Plant Operations (Gas Transmission) an advantage
- Knowledge of pressure control systems and rotating machinery e.g. turbine or compressor units
What you'll get in return
You'll receive a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension and superannuation paid for every hour worked.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Tegan on 9254 4511 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508