Contracts Principal - Client Side - Major Mining Construction - Engineering Packages
Hays are seeking expressions of interest for a Contracts Principal for this major mining construction project which is already well underway.
This is a key role in managing the construction of the structural, mechanical and piping and E&I services packages. This is an opportunity for an experienced Contract Lead to drive the delivery of these packages from a commercial and contractual aspect. This opening offers an amazing opportunity to play a lead role in delivering this high profile project.
- Working with the construction and technical team reviewing and administering site instructions variations and claims
- Responding to as well as negotiating contractor variations and claims
- Travel to site for the day every couple of weeks to monitor process and deal with any issues
- Driving the contractors construction progress to achieve required timescales and milestones.
- Thorough understanding scopes of work, commercial and legal issues impacting upon the delivery of multi billion $$ construction projects either with a main contractor or EPCM
- Excellent commercial management skills including interpreting and applying contract terms and legislation provisions
- Excellent working knowledge of Australian construction contracts
- Proven experience in the preparation of contract agreements
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outputs in a challenging environment and tight time frames
- High level of self-discipline, self-motivation; energy and initiative.
The client is committed to providing a diverse work environment, are an equal opportunities employer and as such they encourage applications from women and indigenous people. They offer genuine flexible working options and ensure that all their people are treated fairly and with respect.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508