About the role
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced health professionals (Social Worker, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Psychologist or Occupational Therapist) for the position of NDIS and Mental Health Interface Project Lead.
This position enables South West Healthcare's (SWH) Mental Health Services to maintain an effective NDIS interface that maximises consumer outcomes through:
* Acting as the strategic contact point for the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) local office and the NDIA Local Area Coordination (LAC) partner in the service catchment,
* Building an effective and efficient operational interface and partnership between the specialist clinical mental health service and the NDIA local office, LAC and NDIS funded support providers, and
* Building the capability of the specialist clinical mental health workforce to support consumers and carers throughout the NDIS operational pathway.
The position is temporary until September 2021 at 32 hours per fortnight.
What you bring
The successful applicant will be an experienced and skilled health professional with a strong understanding of mental health and disability legislation, policies and standards. You must also have demonstrated experience and skills in leadership and managing competing priorities. An ability to work independently, as well as communicate and collaborate with a range of stakeholders and an interdisciplinary team is also essential for the role.
What we offer
You will enjoy benefits such as:
* Excellent salary packaging options including meals & entertainment, novated leasing and additional superannuation contributions;
* Internal and external professional development opportunities;
* Ongoing clinical supervision;
* A range of internal development opportunities focusing on personal development such as resilience and mentoring workshops and comprehensive leadership programs;
* Excellent terms and conditions of employment.
Who we are
SWH is the major specialist referral centre for the Barwon South West sub-region, and provides a comprehensive range of acute, sub-acute, specialist, community, mental health and aged services.
With a population of 34,000 and a catchment of 100,000 Warrnambool is the regional centre to Victoria's Great South Coast.
To learn about the vibrant town and region please visit: http://www.wonderfulwarrnambool.com.au/
How to apply
A position description and further details can be found at our website under Careers.
For specific enquiries regarding the role, please contact Nicholas Place (Manager Primary Mental Health Team) on (03) 5564 6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Terms and Conditions will be in line with the Victorian Public Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020 or Victorian Public Health sector (Medical Scientists, Pharmacists & Psychologists) Enterprise Agreement 2017-2021, with the appropriate classification Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4 or Allied Health Professional Grade 3.
The successful applicant will be required to be eligible for and undergo the following:
* Police Record Check
* Employee Working with Children's Check
* Current Immunisation status
Applications are to be submitted online via our website only under Careers and need to include: an application letter, full personal particulars, qualifications and experience; together with the names of two (2) referees by Sunday 6 September 2020.
Note: If you experience any difficulties with this website, please email: email@example.com
As an organisation SWH prides themselves on their values; Care, Respect, Excellence, Integrity and Leadership and their overall dedication to the local community.