Senior Occupational Therapist - Forensic and Secure Services
- Queensland Government
Apply for this job
About the role
As the Senior Occupational Therapist, you will undertake duties of a complex and varied nature with clinical decisions based on valid and reliable evidence and is recognised as a reference point for other clinicians in the team.
This position operates within a professional Skill-Sharing and Delegation (PSSD) model of care by providing and participating in supervision, training, monitoring and evaluation of the use of skill-shared and delegated clinical tasks and by delivering an expanded scope of clinical practice
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
* Routinely applies high-level knowledge and skills in providing clinical services and advising colleagues, management and other stakeholders.
* Develop effective professional relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders to inform/influence clinical outcomes and/or encourage behavioural change.
* Provide clinical advice to professional and operational supervisors and relevant service managers regarding service delivery equipment, technology, and the prioritisation and development of clinical services.
* A high-level of understanding the environment in which clinical decisions are made to influence health outcomes and ensures that services initiatives are integrated into professional practice, organisational work unit guidelines and service policies.
* Timely and accurate completion of clinical documentation of assessments, reports, clinical notes and other information as required for the electronic medical record.
About Forensic and Secure Services (FSS)
Forensic and Secure Services provides specialist secure rehabilitation and forensic mental health services and host the only High Secure Inpatient Service in Queensland.
Services within FSS operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Vaccination Preventable Disease This role is designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk role'. You must be able to provide evidence that you either:
* have been vaccinated against the VPD's listed in the role description; or
* you are not susceptible to the VPD's listed in the role description.
You will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role. More information and evidence forms can be found at here. To apply you will need to download and read the role description and information package, please provide your CV or resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant for the role. If you are viewing this advertisement on Seek, to access the Role Description please click on “Apply for this job” to be taken to our website.
Apply for this job