Optical Assistant/Trainee Optical Dispenser
A fantastic career opportunity in the optical profession is available in our client’s largest independent practice in Horsham. They are looking for a Trainee Optical Assistant/Optical Dispenser to join their growing team.
Previous experience working in the optical industry would be helpful but it isn’t necessary, as training will be provided. This is a full time job, Monday to Friday 9 a.m.to 5.30 p.m.
To be considered for this vacancy you will need:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous retail sales and a flair for fashion
- A can do attitude, be a self-starter and a team player
- Completed year 12 or be completing year 12 shortly with excellent marks in Maths and Science
- A desire to undertake an optical dispensing traineeship (if you’re not already a qualified Certificate 4 dispenser)
Your main tasks will be:
- To identify clients eyecare requirements and assisting them with frame and lens selection
- Assisting with reception duties – phones, booking appointments, general administration and computer skills
- Building relationships with your clients and your colleagues
- Work closely with the optometrists to ensure that all patient needs are met
What you will get:
- On the job training (if required)
- If you’re not a qualified dispenser you will be provided with paid educational expenses to achieve Optical Dispenser Certification
- To participate in team bonus opportunities a monthly basis
- Product allowance and discounts
What to do next
To be considered for this opportunity, click apply and send your cover letter and CV today!