Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
Komatsu’s Autonomous Haulage Systems (AHS) Department is the leader in supporting autonomous operations around the world. Our AHS technology has delivered proven benefits in safety, productivity, and operational flexibility in multiple mining applications.
Komatsu are currently recruiting high performing and experienced autonomous mining fleet management Trainer Assessors to support The AHS Support Centre. High performing and experienced Trainer Assessors are required to develop, facilitate and implement all technical and operational training aspects of the FrontRunner Autonomous Haulage System. The role ensures all work is performed in accordance with operational activities for optimal success.
The role reports into the AHS Training Manager, and your previous experience will ensure you provide a high level of interactive support for AHS systems. This role is based in Queensland servicing our customer’s mine sites.
- Facilitate and deliver AHS training/assessments to both non- accredited and nationally accredited levels, to internal and external customers.
- Develop AHS operational training material specific to AHS equipment using local knowledge and factory developed material.
- Identify opportunities to provide costed training and revenue generation.
- Administer expenses incurred in delivery of training and education to external customers.
- Ensure compliance with company and or site OHS&E policies.
- Ensure that statutory, corporate and regional standards are adhered to and actively promoted.
- Liaise with both internal and external management in the process of delivering AHS training providing a conduit for the exchange of information required to improve services.
- Work with the Komatsu Factories and Modular Mining team in developing technical training material.
- Maintain communication with technical training representatives from other Komatsu factories and distributors globally as required.
- Supply the raw data entry into the database through the collection of course, assessment and evaluation reports.
- Maintain individual area of the national technical plan and trainers’ organisational calendar.
- Continuously, improve and renew skills, knowledge and experience.
- Provide operational advice and recommendations on staff and customer training requirements.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Experience with Fleet Optimisation System, e.g. Modular Mining Dispatch, is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience with an Autonomous Fleet Management System, e.g. Komatsu’s Frontrunner system, is beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience delivering AHS training to operational personal.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116).
- Minimum of 2 years operational mining experience.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of effective communication with a range of stake holders. Ability to facilitate and supervise all aspects of a training session.
- Highly developed computer and necessary software application skills.
- Ability to develop operational training material for delivery across a range of mediums including electronic.
- Customer service focus.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally and stay away from home for extended periods (more than a week).
- Ability to actively contribute as part of a team.
- High personal and professional standards of behaviour and ethics.
- Current Driver's License.
- Flexibility to work differing rosters as required.
- Can do attitude with a drive to complete work at a consistently high standard.
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth