Provide high quality medical assessments and pathology specimen collection - working with a team of healthcare professionals in occupational healthOur well-established occupational health business, Jobfit Health Group, is seeking an experienced Enrolled Nurse/Phlebotomist for a full-time position to at our Hobart clinic
Jobfit Health Group delivers a broad range of occupational healthcare services to thousands of businesses nationally, including medical assessments, work fitness assessments, injury management and prevention, drug and alcohol screening, onsite medical services, health surveillance and health and wellness programmes.
The position is full-time, Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week and is responsible for working autonomously to complete all aspects of services including, but not limited to, medical assessments, health surveillance programs, functional capacity evaluations, vaccinations and associated health promotion. A comprehensive training program and orientation is provided to ensure your success in the role. Responsibilities
- Provide high quality medical assessment primarily for health assessments including biometrics including height, weight, vision, blood pressure
- Pathology collection – urine and blood
- General health and wellness promotion, cessation of smoking, exercise and diet modification.
- Referrals where appropriate to allied health services / specialists for review e.g. GP, optometrist review, diabetic nurse educator etc.
- Manage allocated administrative and service tasks including concise and accurate documentation of all relevant findings, and ensuring timeframes and schedules are adhered to.
- Order and restock medical supplies, linen and other equipment.
- Ensure equipment is well maintained for safe and accurate use e.g. calibration of equipment, expiration dates.
- Comply with privacy and confidentiality principles to all work practices including company policies and procedures.
What we offer
- Nurse applicants - Degree level qualifications in Nursing, current Nursing registration with AHPRA, experience taking bloods for various pathology tests
- Phlebotomist applicants - Certificate III in Pathology, demonstrated experience in pathology specimen collection
- Current Australian drivers licence
- Previous experience conducting occupational health assessments - highly regarded
- Qualifications and experience in vaccinations, audiometric testing, and drug and alcohol assessments - highly regarded
- Exceptional customer service skills and cultural sensitivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to best practice
- Commitment to ethical behaviour and conduct
- Team member development – we have our own in-house online learning and development centre
- Engagement surveys – we listen to you, as a team member, and take action on the issues that matter to you
- The FHA Staff Superannuation Fund (which includes a range of insurance and investment options for staff)
- Financial Wellbeing Checks and advice from our corporate financial planning partner
- Generous special offers and discounts from corporate partners
As part of the recruitment process candidates may be required to attend a company funded pre-employment medical.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted. Jobfit Health Group forms part of the Fullerton Health Group who are leaders in occupational health, allied health, general practice, integrative medicine, emergency assistance and response.