The Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager is a key member of the Governance, Compliance, Quality and Risk (GQCR) Leadership team, reporting directly to the Head of GQCR. The Compliance and Quality Assurance Manager leads a team of subject matter experts focused on ensuring SGA College and Corporate operations remain compliant will all Australian and New Zealand regulatory standards, including ESOS and ELICOS requirements in Australia. The Compliance and Quality Assurance Managers’ team provide 2nd line support and expert advice on all compliance matters to College and Corporate staff across ANZ. The team have deep knowledge of Study Group ANZ College and Corporate operations. The team are also responsible for conducting annual and ad-hoc checks on Study Group ANZ College and Corporate operations (e.g. Quality Assurance activities).
- Manage a small team of Compliance specialists, including work schedules, issue escalation and resolution, objective setting, coaching and leadership.
- Collaboration with senior management, university partners, internal and external subject matter experts, and global Study Group colleagues.
- Agree annual compliance work plan with Head of GQCR
- Manage a team of Compliance Business Partners who provide 2nd line support to College and Corporate staff.
- Assist the Compliance Business Partners to execute the duties of their roles, including relationship building, stakeholder management, priority setting and issue resolution.
- Provide expert advice to SGANZ stakeholders on Foundation / English program delivery standards in Australia and New Zealand.
- Participate in ANZ projects and initiatives as directed by the Head of GQCR
- Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with stakeholders across SGA and its University Partners.
- Collaborate with global Study Group colleagues (as required).
- Co-ordinate training and implementation of new regulatory requirements and/or changes to existing regulations across SGANZ.
- Member of the ANZ Compliance & Risk Management Group
- Collaborate with the Chair of the SGA Risk & Compliance Committee (as required)
- Provide monthly reports to Global Compliance Risk Assurance Board
- Agree annual QA work plan with Head of GQCR
- Conduct annual reviews of compliance against Foundation / ELICOS standards (the scope of which is agreed with the Head of GQCR)
- Participate and assist with internal / external Audit and Reviews of compliance against standards.
- Through the Compliance Business Partners, conduct ad-hoc checks on implementation of compliance advice provided.
- Identify and report on opportunities for continuous improvement and risk to Head of GQCR.
- Attend working groups and forums (representing GQCR) as directed by the Head of GQCR.
Work Health, Safety & Welfare Requirements:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety.
- Comply with any reasonable instruction that is given by the person conducting the business or undertaking to allow the person to comply with legislative requirements.
- Report unsafe conditions or practices, and make suggestions to their business leader on improving work, health & safety at Study Group.
- Exercise duty of care in the health, safety and welfare of pupils and ensure they are treated with dignity and respect.
- Where applicable, participate in the staff consultation process about work health & safety matters.
• People leader
• Customer focused
• Clear communication
• Result orientated
• Attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Relationship management
• Problem solver
• Emotional Intelligence
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor degree (or similar)
- 2+ years’ management/leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of regulatory regimes associated with the delivery of Foundation and English programs to international students in Australia and New Zealand
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments
- Effective, versatile and action-focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven effective and timely decision making and judgement
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop effective working relationship with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Well organized, with ability to multi-task and toggle between short-term and long-term initiatives and tasks
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Powered by JazzHR