Compliance and Assurance Manager job for complex organisation in the higher education sector based in Sydney.
Your new company
This globally recognised University has an outstanding reputation for academic excellence. Its two primary functions of research and education are supported by the operations portfolio. This newly created position is the operational lead for compliance and assurance based in central operations services.
Your new role
- Providing strategic oversight for the compliance and assurance team
- Responsible for second line of defence (2LOD) assurance and control verification processes
- Evaluating and reporting on the performance and effectiveness of management systems
- Developing and implementing risk and assurance frameworks
- Identifying processes where compliance and assurance can be improved
- Implementing strategic evaluation frameworks to analyse the effectiveness of compliance
- Advocating for risk, compliance and assurance aligned with policies and frameworks
- Key liaison with risk management, internal audit and policy management teams
What you'll need to succeed
- Expertise in the application of risk identification and assessment
- Professional experience in compliance and assurance in a complex organisation
- Accuracy in analysing risk data using reporting tools
- Demonstrated experience in three lines of defence models (3LOD)
- Expertise in legislative compliance, internal audit, assurance and controls verification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a renowned university with a strong focus on creating opportunities for local and international engagement, leveraged from its innovative research and education and a strong alumni foundation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or send your CV to email@example.com.
LHS 297508 #2470870