Apply for this jobMackay is a city that is well known for Art Deco buildings, lush green expanses and an elegant marina. Swelled by the easy access to fresh seafood the city has a vibrant dining precinct and if you'd prefer to catch your meal yourself Mackay is home to some of the state's best fishing locations. Take a relaxing walk along the stunning beaches right on your doorstep or take a short drive inland from the city and you will find yourself at a rainforest paradise with secluded waterfalls and rainforest walks that you won't want to miss. Mackay is the perfect location to experience the best Queensland has to offer with endless unique experiences that will take your breath away.
For further information about the school, please click here to visit the school's website. What is in it for you? As the largest employer of teachers in Queensland the department has some attractive benefits for employees, including:
* assistance with relocating * attractive salary and benefits * incentives for teaching in remote areas * locality allowance in specified locations * subsidised accommodation in specified locations
Teaching in Queensland: The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more click here. Applicants for these positions must possess:
* A relevant teaching qualification. Click here for further information on teaching qualifications.
* Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. Pre-service/graduate teachers must have been granted provisional registration prior to commencing employment as a teacher. For more information regarding registration requirements, please Click Here.
* In addition to registration, teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information on blue cards and exemption cards, please Click Here. * Employment for pre-service/graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the minimum requirements as a teacher with the department.
Permanent employment as a teacher is available to:
* Australian citizens. * Persons who reside in Australia and have permission or a right to be granted permission, under Commonwealth law, to remain in Australia indefinitely. * New Zealand citizens who have a special category visa or a right to be granted a special category visa under the Migration Act 1958.
How to apply:
* Click the Green 'Apply online' button below * Enter your personal details * Attach your current CV including contact details of two professional referees * Pre-service teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.** Apply for this job