As a senior member of the Tax team you will provide specialist tax advisory and compliance services to a wide range of clients. The majority of the clients are corporate, listed and large private groups, and span across a range of industries. Reporting to a Partner, you will have responsibility for managing assignments, assisting in the development of more junior members of the team and building lasting client relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of advice, reports and other client documents using applicable income tax law that supports the opinion/conclusion
- Implementation of delivered advice (e.g tax structuring strategies)
- Preparation of M&A tax advice, including tax due diligence reports and review of sale & purchase agreements
- Corporate tax compliance, including the review of income tax returns and tax effect accounting calculations
- Identify risks and apply global and local quality control processes and risk procedures
- Ensure client engagements are completed to a high standard within a specified timeframe
- Supervise/Mentor more junior employees
- Undertake business development activities to promote the firm and its services
- Directly contribute to the development of service line strategy
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Management experience with at least 5 years’ experience, ideally in Corporate Tax within a Big 4 firm.
- CA qualification, tertiary qualification in Tax
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving ability
- Demonstrated writing ability, drafting of letters of advice and other technical documents
- Demonstrated background in tax compliance
- Strong research and business development skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a high performing team
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and with external clients
- Demonstrated self-starter
To apply please visit the BDO Careers Page and submit your application.