- Are you ready to be accountable in a impact and results driven organisation?
- Do you have the courage and determination, work ethic, humility and passion to achieve your goals with a start-up mindset?
Tattarang is one of Australia’s largest private investment groups and is owned by the Forrest family. Our investment portfolio spans across agri-food, energy, resources, property, hospitality and sport. The group is made up of six business divisions: Fiveight, Harvest Road, SFM Marine, Squadron Energy, Wyloo Metals and Z1Z. We believe in investing for growth and pursue opportunities in both the listed and unlisted space with a long-term investment horizon
Squadron Energy is an Australian resources company focused on projects in natural resources and renewable energy. We believe Australia needs to transition to renewable energy to safeguard a sustainable future so we invest in initiatives, research, technologies and projects that will support and accelerate the transition to a low carbon economy. https://www.squadronenergy.com/
About the Role
As an active member of the Squadron Energy Leadership Team, reporting to the CEO of Squadron Energy, this role will help shape corporate strategy and provide financial and commercial advice to identify opportunities that deliver sustainable growth. This will include further development of financial and management reporting and analysis to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance, and importantly, meaningful insights to inform decision making at both an executive and operational level.
- Financial growth, optimisation and corporate governance of Squadron Energy
- Directing the establishment of financial/accounting principles, procedures, and practices in line with legal and corporate requirements.
- Advising on appropriate capital structures for projects and investments
- Providing analysis to support internal audit and risk management
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial reports and forecasts for the whole organisation so as to provide a clear insight into its financial condition.
- Advising on the financial implications of management decisions and establishing the financial soundness of proposed acquisitions and divestment of assets or businesses.
- Ensuring that the profits of the organisation are protected through the establishment of effective financial controls, implementing, and maintaining appropriate management accounting and reporting systems, budgetary controls and expenditure procedures.
- Implementing policies to ensure the security of funds and assets, capital expenditure, guiding the lodgement of tax and other returns to comply with all statutory requirements, and administering insurance cover and claims.
You will be a high calibre finance executive with a strong commercial orientation & strategic mindset, coupled with a background in energy and significant industry experience. In addition to:
- Requires formal qualifications (/ACA/CA/CPA or equivalent)
- 15 years practical experience in addition to tertiary qualifications.
- Industry experience in either energy, utilities, renewables, infrastructure
- Considerable practical experience in financial planning, reporting and control.
- Ability to organise and control major accounting systems
- Strong capabilities in stakeholder management
- Proven success in delivering strategies
- A hands-on practical mindset and willingness to do the work rather than direct others is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with and for a small team including non-finance executives and support staff.
- Experience in debt capital markets is preferable but not essential
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are up for the challenge!
Tattarang and Minderoo Foundation embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.