Aruma needs YOU (yes, you!)
Disability Support Workers | Casual
Ballarat VIC| Flexible Supports Services
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It’s the reason we exist – after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
About the Opportunity:
We are currently recruiting for a number of Casual Disability Support Worker positions across Ballarat VIC.
These roles work on 24/7 rotating rosters, so your flexibility to work on days, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts is a must.
As a Support Worker at Aruma, you are directly responsible for the day-to-day support, personal care and personal development of our Customers. You will provide a range of community living services to assist people with a disability to be actively involved in their local community, be valued, respected and engaged in meaningful opportunities and relationships. You will work both in a team environment and independently.
We’re looking for people who have values similar to ours, BRAVE people, but there’s no specific ‘mould’ you need to fit (after all, we need a team that’s as diverse as our customers!).
To become part of the team here at Aruma we are looking for people who:
· Are enthusiastic about supporting people with disabilities to live GREAT lives. The lives they want and choose.
· Have flexibility to work on a 24/7 rotating roster which includes days, evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts.
· Have a Current Victorian Driver’s License and willingness to use own vehicle (if required) with comprehensive insurance.
· Have a Current First Aid (HLTAID003) and CPR Certificates or willingness to obtain prior to commencing.
· Be willing to provide an NDIS Worker Check (NDISWC) Clearance.
· Have the ability to support others with personal care and domestic duties in a respectful way (and happy for this to be part of your job).
· Have the capacity to meet the physical requirements of the job that may include manual handling tasks.
· Enjoy working in a small team environment as well as independently if required.
· Have good computer, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Have a strong sense of accountability and confidentiality.
· Have completed the Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) - this isn’t a ‘must’ – we’re happy to provide training to help you get qualified.
So, who is Aruma?
We’re glad you asked! Aruma is a new name in disability services, but we’re definitely not the new kids on the block. You might remember us as House with No Steps and The Tipping Foundation, two great organisations, with over 100 years of combined experience, who came together in 2018. Find out more about us at aruma.com.au.
When you’re part of the Aruma team, you’re not just supporting people. We’re all about putting the people we support first. That’s a non-negotiable.
Our success depends on YOU.
If you are passionate about supporting people with disabilities to be active, inclusive participants in their communities and would like to work in a role that is both challenging and rewarding, we would love to hear from you.
To be part of the Aruma journey apply now with a cover letter addressing the above criteria and your resume.
Only applicants with the right to work in Australia will be considered. Shortlisted applications will be required to undergo pre-employment checks. We will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
Aruma is a Child Safe Organisation and an EEO Employer.