31 Oct 2021 E. Australia Standard Time
Refer a friend
Design Manager / Study Manager
Job ID: 583402
Job type: Casual
Location: Gold Coast
Categories: Engineering (All disciplines)
Who we are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Working with customers in mining operations for over 80 years, Mineral Technologies, a subsidiary of Downer, delivers innovative, cost effective process solutions for Iron Ore, Mineral Sands, Silica Sands, Coal, Chromite, Gold, Tin, Tungsten, Tantalum and a wide range of other fine minerals worldwide. Due to continued business growth we are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our multi-discipline engineering team based in our Perth office.
As the Design Manager / Study Manager, you will be based in our Carrara office on the Gold Coast to oversee global projects and support developing high quality designs for mineral processing plant and equipment. The role will oversee a team and will manage the multi-disciplined engineering projects to support the strategic growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Oversee a small team to develop and lead a number of projects to various clients both nationally and internationally.
- Develop cost effective engineering solutions for the mineral sands and iron ore industry.
- Manage a budget including accurate forecasting of costs and tracking progress to schedule.
- Oversee and contribute to the production of deliverables to an agreed quality.
- Coordinate and lead engineering resources, including forecasting project resource needs.
- Planning and ensuring the compliance to the safety in design process.
- Provide overall technical leadership on engineering design projects and collaborate other technical leaders within the engineering team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, both during the bidding phase to project execution.
- Actively participate and promote the Zero Harm Culture within Mineral Technologies.
- Comply with Mineral Technologies risk management process/policies to eliminate or minimise OHS and environmental risks, including promptly reporting hazards, near misses, injuries and incidents.
- Seek guidance on new and modified work procedures, while cooperating with any activities taken by Mineral Technologies to comply with OHS legislation.
- Ensure all tasks and activities are conducted within the requirements of the Downer and Mineral Technologies Quality, Environmental and Safety policies and procedures as detailed in the Downer/ Mineral Technologies business management systems.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering with end to end project management experience gained ideally working with mineral or processing plants.
- Credible experience leading engineering teams in a design or design consulting environment.
- A strong understanding of design engineering/design construction management associated with wet process plants and associated infrastructure.
- Exceptional service delivery focus working across both small to medium projects.
- Experience in delivering projects to the highest safety standards considering cost control and budget preparation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The unique opportunity to work in an organisation where the safety of our people and the environment is at the forefront of all that we do
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A long-term career opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, please contact Claire Venter – Recruitment and Sourcing Business Partner Claire.Venter@downergroup.com
Applications will not be accepted by email. Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfill their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: 31 Oct 2021 E. Australia Standard Time