Altum Green Energy Operations Pty Ltd has been established to develop a range of renewable energy generation and storage solutions, including our unique and patented turbine to generate electricity from the energy in free-flowing water. We are recruiting a “hands-on” full-time Mechanical Engineer with a degree or equivalent qualifications in Engineering (Mechanical) and at least 2 years of relevant work experience, to join our team in Marrickville, NSW to contribute to the creation of prototypes and the low volume manufacturing of early commercial products.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
• Planning, designing and fabricating prototypes of components for our free-stream hydro turbines;
• Organising and overseeing the assembly of components for commissioning and testing in our own facilities or at customer sites;
• Troubleshooting any issues that arise with turbines in the field and if modifications or improvements are required, or if customers require additional features, to design, fabricate test and document these innovative features;
• Working within a multi-disciplinary team, contributing your specialist skills and experience to achieve outcomes in a collaborative and innovative manner;
• Identifying the resources necessary to complete a job, including colleagues and outside contractors, to achieve necessary outcomes by the most time-efficient and cost-efficient means;
• Designing new components or improvements to existing components and prototyping, testing and documenting these in preparation for manufacturing;
• For new or improved components, preparing specifications, drawings, quality control tests and manufacturing drawings to facilitate outsourced manufacturing by our partners in Australia and overseas;
• Contributing to the layout of our manufacturing facility to achieve maximum productivity, including identifying new or replacement machinery or other equipment which will enhance our efficiency;
• Participating in the preparation, drafting and implementation of a maintenance schedule for machinery plant and equipment in our factory, including reference to manuals or research of the optimal way to maximise output and lengthen useful life of our asset;
Additionally, the right candidate will be required to meet the following requirements:
• Experience with 2D and 3D CAD, including reading manufacturing drawings.
• Knowledge and experience in operating and maintaining hydraulic systems.
• Experience with MATLAB to program finite element solvers.
• Experienced user in Fusion 360 with CAD, CAM and FEM features.
• Ability to read and edit G code for CNC operations.
• Qualifications and experience as a machinist including CNC milling steel and aluminium parts.
• Previous experience working in a marine environment, including application of coatings.
• MIG and TIG welding experience with steel and aluminium.
• Forklift License and current NSW drivers licence required.
• The ability to travel to, and work temporarily within, the European Union will be an advantage.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to work unsupervised and successfully in a workshop environment.
• A respectful person towards staff members and customers.
• A strong work ethic and pride in workmanship.
This is a long-term full-time position offering a generous salary between $70,000 to $75,000 plus superannuation to the right candidate, depending on experience.
If you have the above skills and experience that we require, and you are looking for a challenging role in a growing business, send us your resume by email to Douglas.Hunt@altumgreenenergy.com.
Please note that only candidates we wish to interview for the above role will be contacted.