Komatsu’s purpose is to create value through manufacturing and technology innovations to empower a sustainable future where people, businesses and our plant thrive together. Komatsu celebrates its 100 years with a renewed commitment of building a sustainable business for all stakeholders. We focus on building partnerships, considering the needs of society, customers and other stakeholders first and then working together to innovate, solve challenges and create value for generations to come.
Our Brand promise: Creating value together.
A great opportunity now exists for a Plant Mechanic to join our branch in Seven Hills. The purpose of the Plant Mechanic position is to provide high quality trades skills to ensure equipment is maintained and repaired within company policies and guidelines providing aftermarket support to the existing and new customer base.
- Ensure customer service levels are maintained
- Maintain and grow relationships with customers both internal and external
- Be familiar with KAL policies and procedures, and act in accordance with these. Take corrective action when required, or as advised by the service supervisor
- Work with other departments, branches, and regions to establish Komatsu Australia as a premium supplier of equipment and aftermarket services
- Support, attend and contribute to company/branch/region activities.
- Ensure activities meet the relevant environment and OH&S regulations
- Ensure all equipment and vehicle inspections are up to date
- Workmanship is completed to a professional standard and in a timely manner.
- Verbal communication with supervisor of any change to plan
- Ensure unused parts are returned for credit in a prompt timely manner
- Ensure that timesheets, service reports and relevant documentation are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all parts removed from machines under warranty are tagged and secured in the designated area
- Ensure that company tools are used and maintained correctly
- Ensure company vehicles are maintained and are in a clean, safe condition at all times
- Adhere to the work hours laid down by the company
- Work a reasonable amount of overtime
- Be of neat and tidy appearance
- Assist training apprentices
- Ensure that all repairs are completed to the highest quality. Ensuring that rework is not due to negligence or lack of technical ability
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Certified Tradesperson
- Be able to work unsupervised
- An ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Must have an extensive knowledge of the repair and maintenance of earthmoving equipment and components
- Work as an active Komatsu Australia team member
- Pride in workmanship
- Must have good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Holds a current driver’s license and rigid truck if required
- Had previous experience in a similar position
- Have basic computer knowledge
Are you Komatsu?
We’re looking for someone who shares our values of Ambition, Perseverance, Collaboration and Authenticity. You have integrity, a deep respect for diverse perspectives and care about the people you work with. You are team-oriented, innovative and a naturally engaging person. Not only are you proud of the high performance and uncompromising quality of the work you do, but you strive to live the shared values of your organisation and are focused on helping the company improve productivity and safety worldwide.