Engineering Manager role in Newcastle. Innovative Electrical equipment and service provider to mining industry
Your new company
Our client is a well-known innovative electrical equipment and services supplier to the mining industry. This Newcastle based company believes in investing in their people to achieve the best outcomes and deliver exceptional tailored solutions to everyday problems.
Your new role
As the engineering manager you will report to the Director and assist in leading the business.
Daily tasks will see you involved with:
- Front end engineering and designing solutions for products and projects
- The ability to monitor scheduling and costing
- Sourcing and planning within the procurement process
- Overseeing and issuing detailed engineering and documentation packages
- Managing the resources of the workshop to ensure jobs are completed in an effective and efficient manner.
- Accurately producing, editing or checking AutoCad drawings for single lines, schematics, termination drawings, PID and general arrangement (third angle orthographic) where required.
- Alternatively producing sketches or similar to enable drafting work to be outsourced to third party when necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum Adv. Diploma of Electrical Engineering
- MCC Design and specification & Hazardous Areas experience
- Familiarity with industry standard design software (AutoCAD)
- Exposure to Instrumentation and Gas Extraction/Gas Analysis Equipment
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Highly developed people management skills, and a collaborative and supportive attitude.
- RPEQ Qualification is advantageous
- A passion for mentoring more junior engineers and drafters and creating a team culture
What you'll get in return
If successful you will get the chance to make a difference, get to work with one of the region’s leading businesses, get a very attractive salary package – and also be a part of a professional, successful and growing team. You will be mentored and developed to take you to your next career level and you will get a job that offers variation and satisfaction.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Staci Baird now on 0414 896 784.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2573424