Applied EV is looking for a talented Composite Technician to become part of a innovative young company where you will be an appreciated and a valued team member. Above all else we are looking for self-starters who take pride in their work and workplace and go about their work with a positive attitude.
The candidate will report to our Workshop Manager.
As the next composite technician in our team, you will help build and delivery electric vehicles in accordance with the engineering specifications.
You will be required to work closely with our engineering teams and build teams to supply, develop and maintain high-quality autonomous electric vehicles.
- Independently perform composite part fabrication from start to finish
- Trim, assemble, and finish each composite piece
- Inspect components to ensure they meet specifications
- Preparing surfaces for moulding (Sealing and Waxing)
- Gelcoat application via spray and brush
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work to strict deadlines and meet targets
- Trade qualifications and/or experience in the fabrication of composites
Other Useful Experience:
- Experience in race car or performance yachts valued
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and pride in workmanship
- Strong eye for detail with a focus on accuracy and quality first time
- An ability to interpret drawings, technical specifications
- Other skills, licences, and certifications such as First Aid, White card, Forklift licence etc would be an advantage, but not essential
- Work at an exciting technology company within Australia and delivering globally, alongside a passionate team.
- Enjoy a clear sense of ownership in your field, with the satisfaction of working on developments that create the future of a new and growing class of electric vehicles.