Exciting opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary in the Hobart CBD
Your new company
Hays Office Support are working with a CBD based legal firm who have been in operation for over 150 years. They are a leading Legal service provider with over 60 staff, who provide innovative and expert services to business, private and government clients. Due to up upcoming retirement they require a capable Personal Assistant to provide support to one of the principals who specialises in Commercial sector.
Your new role
Based in the Hobart CBD, you’ll be working full time hours, and will be providing a high level of support to one of the Principles. You’ll assist the practitioners in making best use of their time by acting as first point of contact (correspondence and phone calls), multi-tasking, organisation, maintaining databases, administration systems, collating and filing. The key elements of this role will include;
- Provide a high level of executive and administrative support
- Diary management, booking appointments and monitoring calendars
- Assist with the high-level editing and document formatting along with tracking changes and filling.
- An ability to accurately and efficiently transcribe electronic dictation and type and format complex documents including time-critical documents provided by clients
- Preparing various correspondence and data entry
- Other administrative tasks as required
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for a highly organised Personal Assistant who has a demonstrated ability to do the following tasks;
- Adaptability, initiative and the ability to think ahead.
- Ability to work well under pressure, balancing competing demands and interruptions. This will need to be demonstrated with previous experience.
- Established record in producing high quality written correspondence, diary management, presentations to a professional standard.
- Strong knowledge across software packages including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn in-house systems quickly.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- A consistently pleasant and friendly phone manner
- The ability to work autonomously and have a proactive nature.
What you'll get in return
In return, for your dedication and hard work you’ll be rewarded with an attractive salary package and the opportunity to broaden your industry experience with a friendly welcoming team who also offer flexible working arrangements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Emily Nuttall via email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2616029