You are passionate about data science, state of the art projects, developing models, and guiding implementations & strategy in an innovative team. You are a commercially astute with excellent presentation skills and stakeholder management expertise and will be instrumental to optimise consumer value for the business. You are highly analytical with an understanding of statistical modelling and machine learning.
What's the role?
- Build machine learning / artificial intelligence solutions using data to develop insights and enable predictions.
- Understanding of advanced analytical techniques and concepts such as regression/predictive modelling, customer segmentation, next best offer analysis, pricing optimisation, recommendation engines and CLV analysis.
- Designing and building data transformation pipelines and machine learning algorithms to solve the business problem (e.g GCP, Alteryx, AWS).
- Identify new opportunities to improve capability and optimise the business through analytics and modelling plan, design, develop, implement and maintain ML/AI solutions (e.g. recommendation systems and NLP).
- Packaging of machine learning assets, models, code for implementing models in production (using GCP, alteryx, AWS).
- Collaborate with analytical and operational teams across the department to ensure the effective and reliable deployment of analytical solutions within departmental architecture.
Who are you?
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and natural language processing algorithms and best practices for implementing, training, ensembling, tuning, and evaluating ML/NLP systems.
- A skilled machine learning practitioner who is passionate about building and improving internet-scale ML products.
- A strong comprehension of machine learning & deep learning techniques, both in theory and in practice
- Proficiency in the python/R programming language and advanced SQL
- Significant commercial experience of ML product life cycle
- Knowledge of Cloud environments including Google, AWS, or Azure
- Practical experience using cloud services (e.g.: GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Comfortable in engaging with business partners to understand business requirement and translate them to ML activities
- Exceptional numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Have a creative and questioning mind that loves to solve problems and provide solutions
- Masters or PhD in data science, mathematics, and statistics will be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
- Collaborative environment
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Exposure to global operations and networks
- Make a difference as part of Australia's most influential media organisation
Who are we?
In an evolving media industry our brands continue to drive the story and influence the agenda - 7.4 million Australians read one of our national, metro or regional paid daily titles a week. We are proud to be the greatest storytellers in Australia. Our products are innovative and dynamic, constantly adapting to new challenges and pioneering the way forward to lead the market. A fast paced and ever changing environment requires adequate, robust and reliable business systems and processes which play a vital part in our success.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!