Government Organisation looking for a Principal Engineer to join their Environmental Infrastructure unit.
Your new company
A Local Government organisation overseeing one of the most picturesque areas is looking for a Principal Engineer to join their Environmental Infrastructure unit. Due to extensive growth within the region, the successful candidate needs to effectively lead a team of professionals to deliver civil infrastructure, environmental infrastructure, (including storm water, drainage, bridges and culverts) roads and traffic and transport facilities.
Your new role
As Principal Engineer, you will be a proactive leader with experience in asset management, infrastructure planning and delivery of capital works programs. Some key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership to the environmental infrastructure team, providing them with guidance, develop team outcomes and priorities, mentoring and training staff whilst fostering a customer focused team environment.
- Provide high level engineering advice and management of infrastructure, manage infrastructure planning and programs management of capital works programs including project initiation, scheduling and budgeting.
- Provide Asset Management, including keeping inventory, mapping, condition assessment, long term resourcing, annual financial reporting and facilitation in internal asset management.
- Manage high quality communication and community engagement.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant postgraduate degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role with ability to lead a team, motivate and support a multi-disciplinary team to achieve outcomes
- Sound experience in planning, scoping and scheduling of renewal and provision of new civil infrastructure including cost estimation and budgeting of Capital Works.
- Previous experience managing complex engineering issues and contributing to the development of practical solutions through utilisation of negotiation skills and communication of expectations and outcomes.
- Proven working knowledge of Asset Management principles and reporting.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
What you'll get in return
You will have the ability to work for a great local organisation, who enjoys rewarding their team with a very healthy remuneration package, flexible work arrangements and work life balance (including a 35-hour week and 19-day month), a leaseback vehicle and corporate fitness program.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Janine Gouws on 02 4032 8650 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2631385