6 month contract | Newcastle Based | Great work/ Life balance | Competitive hourly rate | Healthy culture
Your new company
This Local Government department is focussed on making a difference in the community delivering services valued by the community. They are current facing some environmental challenges and looking for an experiences natural asset engineer to join their talented team on a short-term contract.
Your new role
As a Natural Asset Engineer you will provide asset management services and be responsible for the development and administration of policies and procedures to establish service standards that determine renewal works and maintenance needs in conjunction with asset operators.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and resolving complex problems relating to Asset Maintenance
- Negotiate effective outcomes for natural assets and infrastructure with stakeholders
- Provide specialist engineering advice on the repair and preservation of natural assets
- Provide emergency response for natural assets and coordinate environmental risk measures
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering or equivalent with extensive experience in natural asset management
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with various stakeholders
- Experience in the application of risk management principals for the management of assets
- Extensive experience in the identification, analysis and resolution of complex issues relating to Asset Management.
- High level of computer literacy, interpersonal and negotiation skills and applying it in a technical / contract environment.
- Knowledge of relevant Standards and codes that relate to design, construction and maintenance of environmental assets.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a very competitive hourly rate and the opportunity to work for 6 months with a highly skilled and talented government team. You will be provided with flexible work arrangements, great culture and a supportive team whilst assisting in crucial ongoing project.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Janine Gouws on 02 4032 8650 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2646689