Scope have been a leader in the disability sector for over 70 years now and we know how to support our customers and staff. To find out more about the fantastic work we do with our customers visit our website at www.scopeaust.org.au
About The Role
We are a fantastic team of allied health professionals who provide therapy to customers with a wide range of diagnoses, including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy, and Intellectual Disability.
Experienced Grade 2 therapist preferred although experienced Grade 1 are welcome to apply. You will be delivering services in schools, our clinics, in homes and some community settings. Full or part time positions available.
In this role you will:
- Work with school-aged children in primary and secondary schools across Wodonga, to deliver services and supports to students with physical disabilities or chronic health impairments.
- Deliver goal directed therapy to children and young people who are experiencing learning, language, sensory, intellectual, physical, and cognitive difficulties in the Wodonga clinic and our customers’ homes, schools, and anywhere online.
- Undertake functional skill assessments, home assessments, sensory assessments.
- Prescribe equipment and have the ability to access support from Scope’s Focussed Therapy team that specialise in equipment prescription.
- Provide evidence-based interventions and services that build on customer’s strengths and develop sustainable long-term solutions.
- Emphasise parent, teacher, and carer education to nurture change.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of speech pathologists, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists, to provide holistic customer care.
- Work within a range of funding models, including NDIS and CECV.
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen.
- You are an experienced clinician and have relevant experience in disability and/or community services.
- You are committed to family and person-centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- You are registered with AHPRA.
- You are eligible to hold a valid Medicare Provider Number.
- You have the relevant experience as outlined in the Position Description.
You will have access to:
- Flexible family friendly working arrangements.
- Positive team culture, and opportunity to work in a dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Salary packaging to $15.9K + competitive remuneration in line with our Enterprise Agreement (EA).
- Your own resources including iPhone and iPad for work use, and utilisation of the Wodonga clinic’s contemporary office space with modern dual screen desktops.
- Contemporary therapy rooms that are well resourced with therapy resources, assessments, and equipment.
- Full administrative supports for customer appointment scheduling and billing.
- Access to Scope’s broader therapy networks and teams, opportunities for participation in mentoring programs, specialist supervision and regular discipline specific network meetings.
- Informal and formal professional development opportunities.
- Travel allowance or access to pool cars for community appointments.
- Pathways to paid PhDs and opportunities to take part in research projects if desired.
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Registered with SPA
- NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance
- COVID-19 digital certificate
Scope as an Employer:
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly, supportive team environment.
Please direct enquiries to Sharon Fragomeni on email@example.com or 0407 054 538 or James Anderson ( Talent Partner) on 0481 751 373 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion about the roles we have available.
If at any time you require us to adjust our recruitment process to meet your individual needs please email email@example.com, this includes support completing your application online.
Please note, if you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.