SICE ANZ has multiple opportunities for Software Engineers across various tunnel projects in Sydney to take part in the deployment, configuration, and testing, commissioning and maintenance activities of the OMCS and IOMCS software and related systems.
As part of the local Software team, this role will be responsible for:
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining software engineering documentation (specifications, design, test plans, manuals).
- Configuration of the SICE proprietary software application called SIDERA as part of the software implementation process of the project
- Design, implementation and testing of software and configuration upgrades throughout the deployment life cycle, following development procedures.
- Analysing, diagnosing and resolving errors related to software.
- Supporting in-service SIDERA systems and ensure their performance is maintained by conducting preventive and corrective maintenance activities.
- Developing and updating product configuration data in MS SQL.
- Developing and updating Client-Server Applications in accordance with design and development procedures.
- Collaborating with team members, overseas software teams and stakeholders in order to produce quality code, implement features, test and fix bugs.
- Participate in design review sessions and peer code reviews.
The preferred candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field of engineering (IT, software, computer science), or equivalent experience
- Over 2 years of experience in software engineering roles; experience in ITS software integration systems or systems engineering, SCADA or real-time software is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with MS SQL Database Management System
- SQL and Python programming skills
- Demonstrated coding experience, preferably in .NET with an understanding of C#, Java or C++ programming languages
- Previous experience with defect management tools, requirement traceability tools, development management environments and general office tools.
- Be part of large scale infrastructure projects.
- Real opportunities for learning and growing in a cross-functional, multi-cultural team.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment where everyone has the chance to make a difference.
- Access to employee benefits (EAP, travel and equipment discounts, etc.)
SICE ANZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse, inclusive and collaborative working environment.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.