Northern Forklifts is the leading provider of forklift services in Western Australia. We offer a wide range of services, including forklift servicing, repairs, and trade-ins. We also offer a wide range of new and used forklifts for sale, as well as a hire service.
Due to increased demand, we require the services of a Forklift Mechanic to join the business on a permanent basis.
We are open to experienced and certified mechanics, or individuals with strong mechanical aptitudes willing to learn and get involved.
- Maintain forklifts on a regular basis, in an emergency, and preventively.
- To carry out essential maintenance and repairs, interpret manufacturer's technical instructions.
- Identify and repair problems with the forklift's brakes, electrical and hydraulic systems, flaws, potential issues, safety concerns, and/or malfunctions.
- Detecting and repairing mast and attachment components.
- Good brake system and tire/wheel knowledge is required.
- Replace damaged or defective parts with stock items or have replacements sent for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make any necessary repairs or adjustments to ensure that they are in good working order.
- Ensure that the work area and methods employed in carrying out the task are in accordance with safety requirements.
- Ability to write legible service reports and logs for preventative maintenance activities.
- To stay up to date with changing technology, learn new technical information and skills.
- 2+ years of Forklift repair and maintenance experience
- Solid mechanical aptitude and ability
- Valid driver's license and ability to pass a drug screen.
- Able to work safely and follow company rules and procedures.