Contract to mid-Dec 2017
Melbourne CBDYour key accountabilities include:
- Gather and understand technical requirements through meetings and workshops with other groups impacted by the project
- Derive, define and manage the functional and non-functional requirements for all system components and their interfaces
- Assist in documenting the requirements and review to ensure they are complete
- Ability to understand architecture and the design of the solution for requirement traceability and to ensure the solution performs as expected.
- Maintain traceability between business requirements, system design and test cases prepared by suppliers and in-house providers
- Trade-off design options and synthesise a system design whilst ensuring that all necessary system components and interfaces have been identified
- Ensure systems integration by managing the functional interfaces and detailed interface designs between system components
- Take accountability for accepting solution deliverables from suppliers and in house providers e.g., by leading technical requirement and design reviews.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Data, IP and Transport Networks, IP Protocol and Standards (MPLS, IPv6, VoIP, Optical Ethernet) and Network Management and OSS (Operational Support Systems)
- 7 + years of experience in multiple network systems management
- Experience in analysing, designing, developing, testing, deploying and maintaining large, complex Telecommunications or Media Communications Solutions
- Technical knowledge in networking/telecommunications industry. IP networking, fixed-line and mobile voice networks, wireless networks
- Vendor Certified Qualifications, e.g. Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE) and Juniper (JunOS)
- Tertiary Qualifications (Degree in Engineering or Computer Science)
- Demonstrated technology subject matter expertise.
- Familiarity with technology testing processes and tools.
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Able to comprehend and deliver to a schedule.
- Ability to work under pressure to deliver to near-term deadlines.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation, taking direction from both line and project management.
- Self-starter, able to get up to speed quickly and work independently.
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Jo-Ann Lim on 03 86804321. Please quote our job reference number: 200167836.